Reflection on the Bible Verse of the Day

Everyone has their own interpretation of what the verses mean...this is my understanding of them

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

2 Corinthians 9:7

Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

__________________________________________________________

If you have to consider whether to give, you may as well keep you wallet in your pocket or purse. You've already shown God disrespect. Thank God for His blessings in your life and share those blessings as He lays it on your heart.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think its a little off to say that you show disrespect to God if you need to think about giving. Its just a time when you need God to put that on your heart is all. I truly feel that giving is a great thing but its not for everyone. God would give and give and give, and he calls people to do that but I also think that he may call us to save in certain situations also.

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger askeral said…

    If you see someone in need and don't 'give' them help in some way then you are doing a diservice to God.

    You are correct, It's not always giving something from the wallet or purse that will help someone.

    Giving is not all about money. It's about sharing something that you have...food, clothing, time, etc... with those in need.

    Matthew 25:42-45

    42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
    43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
    44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
    45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home